Employee Handbooks & HR Policies
An Employee Policy Handbook is the foundation of proactive Human Resources management. Clearly written policies and procedures, that define expectations of both employee and employer, will protect the organization as it grows. LINK HR will work with you to customize an Employee Policy Handbook to meet your needs.
Why do Organizations require an Employee Handbook?
A Handbook of HR Policies and Procedures is vital to an organization for the following reasons:
- Legal protection
- Legal compliance
- Sets expectations for employees and employer
- Provides guidance to managers
- Provides processes to employees for: requesting vacation time; submitting a complaint of harassment or violence; how performance will be evaluated; resolving workplace conflict, etc.
- Provides guidelines for equitable employment practices across an organization
- Provides information about the organization and its culture
Employee Handbooks vary in length based on the needs of the organization. At minimum, all policies required by employment legislation should be included. Many employers also choose to include policies on:
- Code of Conduct
- Hours of Work & Overtime
- Performance Management
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Flex Time
- Expense Reimbursement
- Conflict Resolution
- Training & Development
Already have policies in place? We can complete an HR Policy Audit to ensure your policies comply with current employment legislation.
Call LINK HR today to find out more about our Policy & Procedure Packages:
- Employee Policy Handbook
- Accessibility Policies, Procedures, and Training
- Workplace Violence & Harassment Policies, Procedures, and Training
- Health & Safety Program – Policies, Procedures, and Training
LINK HR Consultants also work with business owners and managers on communication plans and training programs to implement the policies and procedures. Call us for more information on the various training programs we provide.